To take snapshots in VLC :-
- Ensure that the latest version of the VLC media player is installed.
- Play the video from which you want to take snapshots.
- When you want to take snapshot of a moment, pause it to avoid blurry images.
- Now press the shortcut keys for taking snapshot.
- In Windows :- SHIFT + S
- In Linux :- CTRL + ALT + S
- In Max OS X :- COMMAND + ALT + S
- iPhone or iPad :- Press and hold down (Power button + Home button)
- Android :- Varies with the device model and android version (Usually it will be Power Button + Volume Button or Power Button + Home Button)
To know more about taking VLC screenshots, their naming preferences click here.